Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Blog: Next New

When I think of a new type of new media, Virtual Reality quickly comes into my mind. I think VR or AR (augmented reality) will become popular in the future and we will see a wide application of VR in our daily life. One example would the use if VR in online shopping. I watched a video made by Alibaba a year ago. It shows that customers were able to purchase an Alibaba virtual reality headset and it can virtually transporting them to international retail outlets. This new experience enables customers to shop with convenience while they are sitting in their house. Also, with the application of VR and other online payment systems, it makes the whole shopping experience much quicker. In addition, artists can also use VR in their art exhibition. It provides some advantages such as no more long journey to home, no waiting in line and won’t be affected by bad weathers. Also, we can make the whole experience more convenient with the use of social media or other live time communication tools. People can enjoy the show or exhibition at home and have more connection with different people at the same time. I believe that this will become much more attractive and doable when we have a more mature VR technology.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds incredible. I too have heard of a product like this, but I could never imagine this actually happening. The idea of being able to shop and be in a shopping mall without leaving your doorstep is just amazing. A simple VR set has limitless opportunities and I am hoping that someone is truly capable of making this a reality soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right- VR will definitely be something we see being used more often by various types of industries to not only make the experience of consumers simpler, but more interesting and effective. At the moment this technology still seems to be emerging and is treated more as something "cool" to play with, but I'm sure that will change. I really thought your idea with art exhibitions was interesting, though. It could probably allow the artists to offer more insight to the meaning of their work.

    ReplyDelete