Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Blog: Advice

New media allows us to communicate with others easily. If I hired by Baruch College to Baruch use new media to improve the College, I would create an official blog for the school. I would invite people from different clubs to post pictures and videos about their meeting during club hours. People can know that our school is full of interesting clubs and people and it can also motivate people to interact with their peers during club hours. Also, I think it is good to have a  twitter account run by the student government because then they can post emergency news on Twitter such as school canceled due to bad weather or other interesting conference or meeting hosted by the school. I think it would be more attractive compared to just sending email to students. Lastly, I would definitely create an official page on Reddit because I notice that people are more comfortable to ask their peers through social media when they encounter problems about school. For example, I see a lot of people asking for thoughts on a specific class or professor or having questions about credits and financial aid on Facebook. A lot of time people are willing to help, however, they just don’t have the right platform to let them ask their question and express their opinion. I think social media can surely connect people together and help the foster the academic community.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with your suggestions in regards to improving the new media use in Baruch College. The idea of having a twitter account controlled by the undergraduate student government, or the student life office, would be really great. Most college students check social media sites like twitter more than their college email, so having twitter notifications for important things like emergency school closings will be really helpful for everyone. I also agree with some form of connected social media/forum site like Reddit for all students. This can help students (especially new freshman) figure their way through Baruch when they need help with classes, professors, textbooks, etc. Overall, this was a great post!

    - Roshen V.

    ReplyDelete