Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Creativity and New Media


Need for speed: Payback is a racing game published by the company, Electronic Arts. It allows players to unlock different types of vehicles through missions. We can customize their car in their game garage. All cars and customization are based off the reality. In this case, I chose this Nissan 350z to customized. I can change the color of the car and add decals. Also, I can swap the OEM parts with aftermarket parts. For example, I installed the Rocketbunny fenders, used another front and back bumper, change the wheels and lower the cars. I love this game so much because all the cars and customizations are real, they would look the same if you purchased the car and installed the same parts in real life. In other words, this is kind of like a garage simulator. I think it is definitely a way for people to do something with their creativity. It allows us to build our own unique car and there are so many possible combinations. I see people often share their art works made in games on forum or the Steam workshop. Sometimes the developers even allow people to download their works or mods so that more people can use them and make improvement. In my opinion, that is one way how people use video games and social media to promote art making and thus foster creativity.






No comments:

Post a Comment